Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Thing #23

YES, YES, YES!!!!! I have made it to the end. I almost quit twice. I sure want a chance at winning the Wii. However, I do not have luck at winning.
My favorite Thing I learned and will continue to use is Librarything, I just bought a notebook and entered all my authors and books read, then the challenge came up and introduced me to this wonderful website.
My least favorite site would be ListenNJ, I do not care to listen to a book being read to me, I prefer to sit and read while looking at something. I have and still will recommend this site to our customers.
I definitely think Google docs would be something we at the Library should use. Maybe even those of us who put together the Branch Brochure information, rather than E-mail back and forth.
I have shared several sites with a few people. Odeo is great for music, especially when we get our MP3 players. Google docs I let my husband know about that site, he seemed interested.
Another great site is WorldCat, I've visited it, found a few things I would eventually like to order, but for now summer is coming too much is going on. I will wait till winter and ILL some of the older DVDs that OCL does not have. (We might purchase them before I need to put in a request).
As far as Web 3.0......I will definitely consider the challenge. It just seems certain times of the month are more difficult to find the spare time to complete the "Things". I know some of our part-timers have said it truly is very difficult to find time while they are here at work to take the Web 2.0 challenge.
See you at S.D.D.!!!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Kim - You did it! Great job. I'm glad you stuck with it.rardbtz